ENVIRONMENTAL LITERACY NETWORKING PROJECT
“There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew.”
Marshall Mcluhan, 1964
Environmental Literacy Network, ELN is a European Union funded project led by Yuva Association from Turkey in partnership with Kyoto Club from Italy. The main aim of the network is to support non-governmental organizations and local governments working in the field of environmental education. In this network we join forces to improve our educational and organizational capacity, organize environmental training courses for young adults and children, and conduct advocacy work. As a network our objective is to increase the number of environmentally literate individuals who can develop critical thinking over nature and human relations and come up with new solution ideas for the climate crisis and sustainability challenges that we are facing globally.
Who can join ELN?
All associations, foundations, civil society networks and platforms, local governmental bodies, municipalities and city councils who work on environmental education can join ELN.
Why become an ELN member?
- You will be part of an international network with members coming from different backgrounds, experiences and skill sets in the field of environmental literacy so you can meet your future project partners
- You will have access to a team of experienced trainers in the field of climate, sustainability and ecological literacy and to the educational content which includes a toolkit and a curriculum designed according to non-formal education methods.
- You will be able to participate in Training of Trainers (ToT) for environmental literacy training.
- You will be able to participate in skillshare events which bring environmental literacy trainers from Turkey and Europe.
- You will be able to participate in Networking Meet-Ups where the climate agenda of Europe, news about the new developments in environmental education and climate legislation are discussed.
- You will be able to participate in capacity building workshops about campaigning, digital communication and advocacy on environmental literacy and climate crisis.
How to Join ELN
Please fill in the form and we will get in touch with you.
Join us: Form
This project is funded by the European Union. Its content is under the sole responsibility of Yuva Association and does not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.