YUVA takes measures for sustainable life styles, poverty reduction and democratization through adult learning and promotes participatory teaching methods. For poverty reduction measures our focus is on least developed regions and disadvantaged groups.
– YUVA aims to strengthen environmental, human rights and civic, intercultural and political education.
– YUVA runs capacity building activities of adult learning institutions in order to increase the participation of the people in Turkey in non formal adult education activities. YUVA strengthens adult learning institutions in responding appropriately to the needs of their target groups and in becoming vibrant hubs for education in their communities.
– Good practice is being promoted through facilitating local, national, regional and international cooperation in the field of adult learning.
– In order to create a supportive environment for learners, facilitators and providers of adult learning, YUVA consults decision makers and other organizations in creating policies.
– YUVA holds public debates and events to help put the following themes on the agenda of decision makers and practitioners: